Tuesday, May 10, 2011

work in progress

I'm so glad I went to the Home Machine Quilting Show..it was just what I needed to finish this quilt...
I started it almost 2 years ago! I love the detail in it, this picture doesn't do it justice. My Grandma purchased it for me at  My very first Quilt Show in Layton, Utah.  So I was working on some more blocks tonight and it just makes me laugh looking back. I had no business even attempting this quilt. I didn't have any experience quilting and I dive into this very advanced paper piecing quilt.
Look at those tiny half square triangles! I have so much more experience quilting now and I still look at that and don't think I could do it again.
Click here for a close up of some of the blocks.
I just need to finish some more filler blocks and I think I will be done by this weekend. The only hard part is trying to decide how I should quilt it. I will do it myself of course on the Long Arm, I just don't know if I should stip all over, maybe some echo quilting around the buildings...not sure, Anywho, thanks for looking!
I'm linking up to this blog:WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 


8 comments:

  1. This is so detailed and...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilt is terrific! No one will know how you struggled with it. That all just adds to the charm of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Teeny tiny HSTs, wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute block!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so lovely. The quilt shop is just sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I love the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Sewing Scrap Projects! A Quilted Bag.

Don't you just love all this fabric goodness?  In todays episode we will dive into scraps of fabric again! Do you have a fabric stash? I...